Architecture & Design
Welcome to Fox Point. When the time arrives and you want to make some exterior changes and enhancements use the following information before making plans.
Our Declaration states, “No building, fence or wall shall be erected, placed or altered on any lot in Fox Point until the plans thereof have been approved in writing by the Board of Directors of the Association as to the conformity and harmony of external design with existing structures in Fox Point.”
Simply stated, any permanent structure or change to your property needs to be submitted to the Board for approval. This includes any improvement which has a expected duration of more than one season. Some examples of changes needing approval: home additions, swing sets, changes to topography, major landscaping, fences, play houses, sports courts and gazebos.
Please note the following two important items. First, in the Deed to Lake Lots, it states that no structure or improvements of any kind whatsoever shall be erected within 50 feet of the rear lot line of said lot without first obtaining the approval of the Board of Directors of the Homeowners’ Association. Second, the Village of Barrington is now requiring a building permit for all permanent play structures, such as play houses, forts, jungle gyms, swing sets, etc. Requirements state that these structures must be a minimum of three feet from the side lot line and five feet from the rear lot line. Fourteen feet is the maximum height allowed.
The application process is simple:
1. Call me for an application or go online to www.FoxPoint.org. Click here for an application.
2. Fill-out the provided forms, and gather your neighbor’s signatures All neighbors with a line-of-site must sign the application.
3. Submit the completed application along with detailed architectural plans by the first of the month. This will allow sufficient review time.
4. The appropriate parties will review the application.
5. Expect to have two or more board members visit the site.
6. The board will review the application at the monthly Board meeting. You are welcome to attend the Board meeting and submit your plan.
7. The board will send you written notice within one week of the meeting regarding your application. This notice should be submitted to the Village of Barrington for your Building Permit.
8. If the Village of Barrington requires revisions to the drawings, new drawings must be submitted to the Fox Point Board of Directors.
Please remember the purpose of our approval process is to insure the harmony and aesthetics of our beautiful neighborhood, not to aggravate our neighbors. It is mandatory for all residents to follow the above process. Failure to follow this process can lead to additional expenditures in dollars and time for the homeowner.
The Architecture Committee (Chris Maytnier, Lynn Douglas, Melissa McCaulley, Susan Widmoyer) thanks you for your continued cooperation.
Chris Kitzman. 847-381-1005
Architecture & Design Board Chairman